Saturday, February 15, 2014

Horrible food, delicious food

I came across this amazingly awful recipe for a so-called kitty-litter cake - doesn't it look disgusting? The recipe is here on a website called Fab Food, a misnomer if ever there was one. The list of ingredients includes a litter tray and scoop.  All I can think is...why? Just...why?
This is supposed to be edible, it's a CAKE! You'd never catch me eating it. 
On the other hand, when it comes to delicious food, our local supermarket is now stocking Mapua Smokehouse mackerel pate. This is a real treat, especially with a glass of sauvignon blanc.


7 comments:

  1. Those fish patés look delicious. Had I bought one, I'd be looking at the ingredients, doing away with anything that looked superfluous (E numbers etc), and making my own. Your cash would probably go twice as far, and the product could even be better! But, then, I'm an old skinflint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I will have a go at making my own - essentially it just seems to be smoked fish, cream cheese and lemon.

      Delete
  2. I cannot imagine how you came across that recipe! I would not have guessed Tootsie Rolls as the substitute, but amusing in that we had the same name for the little cat bits our dogs found so irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is gross.

    I love pate, although personally I prefer it with a glass of champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cream cheese is a bit like bacon isn't it - makes anything better... though, perhaps that's wine... wine makes everything better.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say though, that it would take a LOT of wine to make me even think that cake looked like something edible
    ...shudder...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and very welcome. I will do my best to answer them.