Monday, March 24, 2014

Soup for lunch

I went to our little local market in the weekend and got all these lovely veg for $6.00. Not bad, I reckon. Then I had a bit of a browse around the stalls and found these soup dishes - not old or special, I just like the shape and the lemons on the rim. They were only a dollar each so I bought them too.
Naturally with soup plates and soup vegs I had to make soup, so I transformed most of the above assortment plus leeks and silverbeet from the garden into a huge pot of soup. That's lunch sorted for the week.
I know it looks awful - that's the beetroot giving it that sinister colour - but it tasted GREAT.

9 comments:

  1. I think the soup is beautiful. My grandson may go to Russia, and we tease him about the amount of beets he may eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soup bowls and that soup looks delicious - I think the beetroot gives it a lovely colour. When I saw your vegies under the heading of soup I immediately thought I must try beetroot in a vegie soup. Can I come to lunch please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beetroot is great in a vege soup, give it a mellow sweetness as well as the lovely colour. Though if you add too much spinach or silverbeet it can tip over into khaki which is not so pretty. You're welcome for lunch any time, Susan!

      Delete
  3. It's what I call 'Compost Soup'. Lots of vegs, and crossed fingers. Looks great to me. And that celery looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compost soup is an excellent name. I hope you don't mind, I am going to borrow it (with due acknowledgement, of course.)

      Delete
  4. *SMILES* We have some plates like that in the Hospice Shop! I love the lemons too. I didn't buy them cos I've got ... ummm.... dozens of plates already. Your soup looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and very welcome. I will do my best to answer them.